"You should go now", indulgence and a redefinition of responsible masculinity

There is so much dismissal one can do to deal with a particular unwanted/undesired situation. And there is so much dismissal I can take as an undesired subject in an awkward situation. I refuse to be dismissed ad infitum.

Many gentlemen did all they could to persuade me to linger in a situation where I knew no good would come out of it. And I was moved by the sheer persistence of their advances. I believed it was endearing in a way.

But here is something that is not endearing. Realizing how mired you are in an awkward situation and not wanting to say or do anything that might make you in any way "responsible".

Resort to silence and exile and this should solve the matter. Play the silence card, and banish the object of your distress and that should do it really.

What I hate most about my pink slip, is not the fact that I got one, it’s the context in which it was done.

How could anyone be cast off like yesterday's news after a moment of profound intimacy?

How can I bare my soul and the contents of an unmasked psyche then be thrown off like a pair of dirty socks?

Like an inconvenient object. How?

If men have such eschewed notions of masculinity and what constitutes maleness and identity, then there is a serious problem.

Sentimentality is not a light-hearted concept. Or a concept that should not be taken light-heartedly. If one can not afford an emotion, one should not indulge in it. If one can not face or bare the consequences of an emotion, the consequences of a particular action or behavior then one should not do it.

For the very definition freedom, is the freedom to choose along with the capacity to take responsibility for this choice.

Men tend to stress one part, and effectively ignore the other. Purposely.

However, "brushing it off", thinking that somehow it will resolve itself by itself, is a ridiculous, fantastical idea.

In real life people need to communicate properly and have an exchange of some sorts so "things" can be resolved.

"You should go now", can only work so far. Will only get you so far.

Comments

Popular Posts