PMS?

PMS (premenstrual syndrome) is defined as the stage just before a woman ovulates where hormones are at their peak. And since hormones are such dangerous chemicals their impact on human behavior is still a fascinating subject for a wide range of fields raining from psychology all the way to biochemistry.
That women’s behavior during PMS is defined is being “emotional, irrational and unpredictable” is the butt joke for all sexist, feminist and even common comedy routines.
Do men get PMS?
Or the equivalent of such a syndrome?
Men hormones have more erratic cycles and are not studied as well as women.
Men’s hormones surge many times during one day and have a very different rhythm.
The question is: do queens PMS?
The answer seems ‘yes’ they do.
At least according to one friend of mine.
Who was dissing me, telling me I have to stop “PMSing”. Because my behavior seemed to be “erratic, emotional and unpredictable”.
The “problem” seemed inadvertently tied with the very definition of “queen”.
A queen internalizes femininity, almost appropriates it, and transforms it to grotesque effeminacy, a queen also internalizes PMS.
According to my friend at least.
And while I find it extremely insulting and sexist in many ways than one, it makes me wonder how there is still a bias and aversion to a woman’s anatomy.
I am not insulted because I was being compared to a woman who is having her cycle, I was insulted because a dear friend, who is supposed to be educated and liberal, still regards this (PMS) as disabling condition. While its just simple biology.
No physics.
A body is transforming and this is the body’s way of dealing with it. Why should I be dissed by such a condition?
Is understanding my emotions only valid in a “woman’s context”? A “woman’s reproductive context” as well?
Are my feelings that unintelligible for male hormones and system that they have to be contextualized and confined to the realm of “female hysteria”?
Are queens in constant threat of being marginalized to a degenerate female existence?
Even from the “liberal” ones? Even from friends?
Is the only legitimate way for me to express myself is to “PMS”?

Comments

Popular Posts