Optimum use of power?

After several phone calls, and incessant persuasion I decided to indulge my friends and make an appearance at another of those “fish” parties.
So, after putting on cheap underwear, faux chic clothes and semi-serious shoes I was on my way to the other side of Cairo. The old downtown.
One of the clouts of lost expats, with little capacities/talents/qualifications to which they are grossly overpaid and actually can maintain a leisurely lifestyle.
On my way I stopped for my famous two packets of juice and voila!
I was at their party.
And the problem with expatriates parties is that they attract people from the all quarters. Sometimes form clashing quarters. Most often from clashing quarters.
As I entered the party I pondered the absurdity of my condition. Why would I create a context of presentation just to go against it later on?
Why bother widening our radius of social interactions, of social networks you are involved in just to realize that 'the person' you're looking for is not there.
In my attempt to overcome my own inhibitions, my own limitations, I realized that its not because of what I was wearing, or who I was befriending, when it comes to meeting someone " interesting" life was as unpredictable as ever.
This did not stop me for the time being from indulging in the regular, trashy, sapphic action that seemed to be the regular feature of all the parties I go to these days.
I just had to overcome another personal aversion towards "queen to queen" sexual advances and embrace the motto that "desperate times call for desperate measures".
A girl can only do too much and she has to get "creative" with whatever resources she has.
I believe the expression is "optimum use of power".

Comments

Popular Posts