The Eccentric Morbid Queen Goes to Party!

It was one of those birthday parties, in the old, fancy quarter of Cairo, where expatriates from all over the world come to constitute a new bourgeoisie on the ruins of the old one.. hardly with the same taste or class! (no offense darling!)

Hours in front of the mirror with so little result! Facing serious existentialist angst about conforming to the capitalist-consumerist-culture of fashion and the ideology and the aesthetics of a bunch of queens in Paris and Rome!
But then again, a girl can only do too much, in the end I cowered, and went for the plain look, but with a little twist! Thong sandals with toe socks!
Not too shabby! A little subtle radicalism always helps reinforce identity..

A little about the setting.. lots of candles.. dim lights.. a full moon.. and a wonderful evening breeze..
Moving on, to the more racy part of the evening, and the bit where everyone keeps nudging me to "write" more about it.
Narrative one, the narrative of the eccentric, antisocial guest. Now there was a perfectly nice gentleman, interesting, cultivated, yet extremely eccentric and antisocial. Not because of any particular reason, just by personal choice. Which gives the impression of being condescending, not in a charming way. I had every intention to socialize and offer the pleasure of my intelligent conversation, but later it was revealed to me, through gossip of course and ill-meaning insinuation, that he was not interested in me.. !! But in my curly haired, socially awkward friend!
Too much for "brains are sexy"!!
The Narrative of the trashy expatriates. And those, sadly, are quite a few. And because they are trashy they stand out, more of they are shunned, too self-conscious that they don't fit in, so you see them crammed in one corner of the party, socializing with one another and perpetuating the notion that expatriates are the curse of this country. Of course I would not call them trashy had they not exhibited a behavior that is worthy of such a delightful title.

There is a significant difference between flirting in a charming way, and sexually harassing unsuspecting party guests! Thats where the "trashy" designation" comes from and this when ones realizes that it was richly earned!

There's always the narrative of the awkward gentleman. The nuts and bolts of this blog.. !! Now there is nothing wrong with this gentleman, except a perpetual sense of guilt coupled with an obsessive need to be politically correct, to be inconspicuous. Now that would have worked fine had I been the introverted type. I am a little shy myself, but I would not call myself at all introverted in a party. I appreciate privacy to no end, but this is a little extreme. My desire to be with the awkward gentleman made me stay in a dark corner nursing my voyeuristic tendencies.. this didn't last long though, I soon gave up and bounced back on the dance floor!

Like every party, you end up seeing people who were not invited by anyone, who are not friends of anyone and yet are omnipresent! There was one "gentleman" of this sort. Callous would be an understatement to describe this fine specimen of crudeness. And because this blog is chronicling nasty experiences this one had to be written down as well!
Here I am, indulging in my Virgo perverse needs to be of service and do good and at the same time trying to ease the pressure of socializing with total strangers, this "gentleman" came in the kitchen and applauded my sense of duty and good will, and just as I was about to leave the room and avert any attempt for further contact, a Capricorn darling, came in and switched the light off!
The next thing I know I have someone's tongue in my mouth!
Ewwww!
Speaking of kiss and tell! In this case it was more of kiss and blog!

In every gay party there are a few themes that seem to endure over time. There is the theme of good music. People have the strange notion that gay people play good music. And for a while I questioned that myself. But my doubts were proved wrong. The same darling Capricorn, with an impeccable sense of timing staged the scene for six hours of really good music! I personally danced for four hours till my feet and back hurt! And embarrassed myself enough to have this captured on photos!! (I hate facebook!!)

There is also the theme of the fag hag. And there were few of those in the party. The fact that women do not feel so "threatened" by gay men and that gay men feel women are an empathetic audience and that women get to "be" their true selves creates a very interesting dynamics of interaction.
But sometimes it also borders the drama. Women might get "too comfortable" and no matter how "sweet" gay guys are, in the end they have very different agendas! The outcome might not be too pretty!!
But thats for another blog... ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
ohhh wanna hear more from that party
dirty details
it is me ur torous friend
hehehehe

Popular Posts