Smile, you have been blocked!

Now, I have never in my life imposed myself on any gentleman knowing well enough that he has no interest or intrigue in my person.
"Stalking" was never a tactics I deemed effective or worthwhile.
And I always wondered how much can anyone do to "persuade" someone else with an idea or a thought?
How far?
I didn't have to wait long, for there was the perfect gentleman, perfect age, perfect physical appearance, an interesting self-introduction. Again I was in love!
I was too hasty with my actions and I acted based on an impulse, only to realize the painful truth later on.
I sent endless messages to the gentleman convincing him with the merits of my age group and how age "is just a number".
I used all my charm, wit, and latent "feminine wiles" to influence his opinion. And I believe he did give in, and conceded to let me add him.
But clearly, an intellectual queen is not his cup of tea.
And no matter how brilliant the Victorians were, their legacy was of little use to this particular gentlemen.
We chatted a few times, realized it will not go very far.
I gave up my infatuation, and surrendered.
And for months, I was completely oblivious of this gentlemen.
But then one day, I was virtually strolling in cyberspace, I came across his profile once more. And old flames of passion were revived, rekindled. And I forgot how I was spurned and cast like a pariah before and went head on, and messaged him again.
To which, of course, I received no reply.
Not that I expected one.
But then I consoled my self by the fact that I can always check his profile, whenever I get the "urge".
Then one fateful night, as I browsing through the seemingly endless profiles on one of our notorious websites, I found him there.
Displaying a new photo, with a new pair of speedos.
I am only human and the next thing I knew, I was clicking his profile for God knows the nth time.
Only to have a nasty screen, with a vicious queen, holding her hand up in the air, and in bold, upper case letters across the screen written, "YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY THIS USER".
Oops!

Comments

lonely aphlaton said…
well ,
I've been there my friend ..

Popular Posts