An Angel Story... continued

And like all angels, he appeared when I most needed him. This is what angels do, they come in our time of darkness, when the night is most dark, this is when light is about to break.
And the daylight soon broke in, and ushered in my angel.
But what is it that angels do?
They give us back something we lost, they give us something we have long waited for, they give something that we should, must have. They come just in the right time when we are most ready to receive this "something".
And deep in my heart, I have lost faith in mankind, man and kindness that is. I was extremely embittered about everything and everyone, and the fact that anyone still has a trace of kindness or selflessness surprised me to no end.
Can someone truly be unselfish?
Is there someone who unconditionally commit an act of kindness to a complete, unknown stranger?
I thought there wasn't.
You see, angels are like vessels, they hold a message, at one end, and they hold your past, your history at the other, they give you the message and remind you of who you are, what you are, what you are meant to be or do.
Thats the wonder and beauty of angels.
They are our reservoirs of consciousness, of goodness.
And just as I was about to lose my faith in any goodness in me, and everyone around, someone believed in this goodness, believed that its actually there, that something might come out of it. By believing in it, he summoned it to life, brought it back to life. Just like Jesus and Lazarus.
Its the power of belief.
My angel believed, so I believed.
And just like when you unlock a treasure trophy,he unlocked my goodness and let it be.
And I was stunned and amazed, and I was thrilled and glad, and I was grateful and happy, and I was many, many things.
And he was everything an angel would be.
He had wings, ones that you did not see, but like the wind you could feel their presence. Invisible and majestic.
He had a halo, where the light was not on his head, but shone through his face.
And he had a lyre, but it did not sound hymns, it sounded Madonna. *smile*
And the music, the words, and the faith, all meshed together and created this state of mind that smoothly and swiftly, spun its silky threads all around me, and when I was ready I was pulled and thrown into the world again.
Unfortunately I was pulled and thrown without my angel.
Like all angels he had others to save, others to inspire.
And as heartbreaking as it was, I had to watch my angel flutter those invisible wings and transmigrate into another realm.
I like to believe that my angel left me to give someone else some of this faith, some of this love, some of the music..
Yes, it was devastating to let go, but whenever I remember I realize this goodness my angel always pointed, the goodness that's there, and that I should cherish, nourish, give to people I care about.
I would never really do that, I am no angel.
I am a psychotic bitch most of the time, troubled and angry at the world. But these few moments when I think of my angel I get this incredible sense of peace and calm.
This is what I will miss the most, and this is why I always want to remember my story with an Angel.

Comments

Popular Posts