Les Enfants du Paradis?

Not in the very least is that an allusion to the cult classic of French cinema.

Not at all.

Its a sinister take on the the notion of "privileged children".
A faux-chic take on a bunch of no-good, spoiled brats.

But I digress...

It all started on late Cairian night, me and my Pisces alter ego, dining at the ill-famed bar in downtown (which every queen was after my head for daring to utter its name on my blog) delightfully intoxicated, on a cherches pour encore s'amuser, Kiki Jr. mentioned that all the girls were feasting on cheap beer and poisonous vodka at one particular establishment (which will remain unnamed) in our little Manhattan.
So we couldn't think of something more exciting than to join Kiki Jr. and her minions while sipping on our pride and joy, the "national beer" and pseudo-vodka.
Just as we are about to reach the ridge of the island and alight the stairs, we had our first encounter with the infants of paradise.
KiKi Jr. center-stage, directing the flow of conversation, manipulating and stealthy stabbing here and there with her Scorpio barb, ex-lovers, future ones, rival queens,....etc.
One particular Mademoiselle Bovary was going about the possibility of "faking" male orgasm.
Feeling sympathy for such anti-masculine statement, that would incur the wrath of the 17 other queens, I waited in anticipation to see who will deliver the biggest sting of them all.
Kiki Jr. no doubt.
In a split of a second, with a mental agility that would put a world chess master to shame, she delivered her blow to the unfortunate victim.
Taking pity and knowing very well how it feels to be in the presence of older, vicious queens, I retorted and admonished Kiki Jr., "Calmes-toi maintenant!", French being the primary lingua franca for Kiki Jr., even if she fakes being an Anglophone.
Not expecting praise or accolades for my motherly intervention, the little Mademoiselle Bovary snapped and said, 'C'est pas grave! Tous le monde comprennent le français!'

What the F*ck!

Cet petite con!!
I just trying to deflect the sting from one of the most venomous Scorpios in the entire gay scene and this is what I get! 'Tous le monde comprennent mon cul, chérie!'

And then after a being consumed by wrath and frustration at this complete ungracious, discourteous behavior, I was amused.

Immensely amused at the complete lack of proper judgment.
One major drawback in being young, is not being able to judge whose on your side and whose not.
And the queens don't make it easy for you.
They are vicious.
Alliances are constantly shifting, and one day a sister, the next day a witch.
So one would think, out of sheer pragmatism, that little con, would appreciate the maternal gesture, a much older and wiser queen made for the sake of alleviating the blow.

And I would drink to the polygots and raise my glass and say kudos for you all, for mastering two different Indo-European languages, and not being able to grasp the basic notions of courtesy and civility.

And that is what annoys the shit out of me pour les enfants du paradis.

They don't know courtesy or social grace if it stares them in the face, literally.

My intervention for the damsel-in-distress was not at all motivated by condescension or an attempt to disempower her infront of her audience.
It was Virgo humanism thats all.

Well, too bad, I guess I will leave Kiki Jr. to corner her next victim and sting away!

Comments

Anonymous said…
looool...yeah more!!
S said…
IQ,

babes the other person delivered several blows to you... but th electericity that night was hmm immense,
E,
babes i am sory but my french is weak so most of the post has been lost on me :( :(

but i like the ay itt was wrote
Ice Queer said…
Well it's a blow if both sides have heard it ;) so when u keep saying it, that won't make it a blow
Anonymous said…
"One day a sister, the next day a witch"! loooool ur best comment ever!
Anonymous said…
Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.
Anonymous said…
Opulently I agree but I dream the brief should have more info then it has.

Popular Posts