Religious What??

So the unsuspecting me was just about to open my MSN messenger when out of nowhere popped this window on my screen, like one of them malware programs, with Kiki Jr. flaunting her latest post.
A warning and hazard triangle flashed atop of the message frame, this link might lead to unsecure content.

Even the messenger didn't like the shit Kiki Jr. was writing.

Being the good friend that I am , I went ahead and started reading the post.

Instantly indignation made my blood boil and I thought Kiki Jr. crossed all lines this time.
Without enough warrant or rightful claim.

What happened?
What exactly did I miss?
When did it become absolutely acceptable by everyone to disrespect one's own culture and heritage so blatantly?
When?
When was self-hate become the standard attitude?
When did ignorance become so much celebrated?

Kiki Jr. always accused me of being an in-closet uptight, conservative prude, who is not as liberated or emancipated as I seem.
But when did emancipation entail vulgar moral consequentialism and complete superficial understanding of meaningful human phenomena?
Is that emancipation?
Is Kiki Jr. the prophet of a new "religion", oops I used the taboo word, how about the word "cult"? thats "sexy" enough, right?
When did it become the standard sexual preference to everyone to sleep with someone, their father, their brother, their cousin and their priest all at the same time, if possible?
When?

I can not begin to describe my disappointment with Kiki Jr. (censored).
Perhaps I might be mistaken, or I didn't get to witness this part, but when did Kiki Jr. publicly denounce her nationality and so-called faith?
As far as I remember Kiki Jr. is an Egyptian, Muslim.
And if Kiki Jr. is so open about advertising her most intimate perverse sexual fantasies over every possible public domain, then she should have the balls and renounce the tradition and culture that oppress her so.
Or is she too scared?
Afraid to be judged maybe?

But here is my problem with Kiki Jr.'s last post, its distasteful.
On so many levels.
Taking pride in such an ignorant and insulting masquerade of religion, any religion that is, is flat ugly.
Not to mention the one you are nominally part of.
What a terrible misfortune that could befall someone.
To actually believe it an achievement to masquerade one's own values and traditions.
Sad indeed.

Even if Kiki Jr. stopped believing or cared to believe, the way to approach such legacy, such history, such experience should be of utmost humility and respect.
The masters of us all, those who really knew, would never do what Kiki Jr. did.
For the sake of appearing as liberal and progressive Kiki Kr. indulged in such pathetic little act.
As if Kiki Jr. had any understanding whatsoever of religion, any religion that is, including her own at all, to be able to speak of it, and about it and to criticize and make a mockery out of it.

I told Kiki Jr. that she can not at all take credit for creating a controversy.
It requires no talent of any kind, no ingenuity or special understanding to play on people's basic emotions and sympathies.

If this was a heart-felt piece about the emotional and intellectual dilemma of someone who actually got involved in one of those same-sex communities and showcased it with a little more depth and nuance of meaning, then I would have been the first to salute Kiki Jr. on such remarkable feat.
But to take pride in actually berating religion and what it stands for and what it means that is something that I can't celebrate.

I completely understand that a group of people hijacked religion and presented it in a certain way that made it highly unattractive and terribly oppressive for almost everyone.
And its very unfortunate that this particular group is quite vocal and very well presented.
That does not mean that religion should be dismissed or treated as a nauseousness or some hindrance to full sexual nirvana.
Or that we should retaliate by eroticizing the oppression??

While Kiki Jr. goes on and on about how incredibly sexy and irresistible she is (I personally thought the role of the delusional sex bomb was already taken be Kiki Senior, but what do you know) is one thing, but mocking 2000 years worth of traditions and values for the sake of some attention, is a cheap trick.

I mean, for Christ sake get proper therapy and spare us the bullshit.

Comments

Ice Queer said…
To criticize my post is one thing and to criticize/bash me personally is another thing!
What was that about?!
"I can not begin to describe my disappointment with Kiki Jr. as a person and as a friend."
"I mean, for Christ sake get proper therapy and spare us the bullshit."

That was mean and silly, I'm really disappointed!!
ADAGIO said…
i don't care about ur post neither ice queer post but please don't get me again in the middle of your both shit as the place of don't need that anymore is taken for me now
echo said…
i think this post overdosed with Drama for no reason.


i think we should respect each others no matter what we think.. and give space to express our ideas no matter the lousy topic or style.
E said…
You're absolutely right.
I should censor the person and the friendship.
Ice Queer said…
censor the person and the friendship?! Seriously?!!
Anonymous said…
Lovely post.
echo said…
hey guys .. chill out. people are different.. i guess we know how difference doesn't mean bad or stupid.
Anonymous said…
I just want to ask When and how is Kiki Jr accountable for/belonging to the tradition and legacy for Islam. Did she ever choose it? Did she ever want it? I believe not.
She just grew up in the mid of it all. She has every right to denounce and mock it all despite the poor style and and controversy pursuit.

I also think it's very unrealistic to demand that she goes open and upfront about it. It is not possible in such society as ours. She would simply get herself killed.

I didn't expect from you as an intellectual and an anarchist (maybe you used to be) to post such a dramatic vehement response to a basic freedom of speech issue, and I can't fathom why such thing could ruin a friendship.

Thanks
E said…
How lucky is Kiki Jr. to find someone who could actually form two sentences without a disasterious semantic or pragmatic failure.
Kudos to you Anon!

Now, Kiki Jr. did not choose her sexual orientation or her religion, and in both cases despising any of which would only garner her disrespect from all of us.

If Kiki Jr. was dissing homosexuals, would we all come to her aid?
Or would we call her homophobic racist?
In both cases there was no "choice".

And if she imposed on all of us the utmost intimate, details of her sex life, with no remorse or explanation, in every possible public manner, knowing in fact how offensive it is, and what kind of risk she is taking (posting her picture on Facebook!), why is it ok and very acceptable to openly come out about your sexuality, in a community that has little tolerance for that, and by the same token remain an "in-closet" self-hating Muslim?
Or is completely random and arbitrary?

She would get herself killed both ways, the difference is, Kiki Jr. knows how to pick her battles.
And she knows this one is definitely a losing one.

And no she has not right to mock or disrepect.
You don't get this right till you actually are aware of what you are mocking or disrespecting.
And even then, there should always be a certain kind of humility and modesty of character when you approach something as momentous and meaningful religion.
Any religion that is.
Be it Islam or any other.

This is not basic human right.
And it has NOTHING to do with freedom of speech.
One thing to criticize religion, respectfully and with intelligence and knowledge and the other to masquerade it for the sake of some sick pleasure or publicity.

Its because I am an intellectual, I am appalled by the shallow, distasteful treatment Kiki Jr. directed at religion.
The so-called "freedom of expression".
What "expression"?
And what "freedom"?
This is hate, disrespect and ignorance.
And its anything but freedom.
Those who are free, are those who know, unfortunately Kiki Jr. is neither.

Rest your case my ass.
Anonymous said…
I find the saddest part of this whole story to be the audience. It is really true, "kolloh 3end al3arab saboon"; when something like what IQ wrote gets labeled as righteous freedom of speech, or in worst occasions a good post, and when the anonymous commenter talks about how she risks her life with such a writing, i can't help but believe that some people actually put her in the same league with the many writers/intellectuals who were deemed heretic and islamo-phobic and were sentenced to death because they actually wrote something different, something that proposed thinking and discussing.
I personally cringe at the thought that readers can't tell anymore the difference between "Awlad 7aretna" (to mention a common example that i believe and hope everybody knows) and "sin me sunni".
E said…
Standing ovation Anon...
Ice Queer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ice Queer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This is the first anonymous once again.

I have become more acquainted with Kiki Jr's foolishness even more and that made me rethink her post. I completely agreed before that her writing style is rubbish and her intellectual abilities are limited.

I still would like to wonder.. who consoles the blasphemous? I love to read/express blasphemous content. Would that continue to be a cultural no-no?

What do you think?
E said…
To the first Anon,
What do you mean by "expressing the blasphemous"?
As some kind of fetish?

'Blasphemy' is not a semantic category all by itself, its a context specific qualifier.
Therefore seeking blasphemy for the sake of blasphemy is a little absurd to me.
You could say 'I like challenging orthodoxies' or 'I like challenging dogmas' but saying 'I like blasphemy' like some kind of fish, would fit so far as a car bumper sticker than a valid statement or intellectual standpoint/standpoint.

There is a tremendous difference between being critical of a culture/religion/idea and being disrespectful.
You can express discontent and point inconsistencies, but "trashing" religion or tradition for the sake of being "controversial" is plain idiotic to me.
I won't give those "controversial" people anytime of the day myself.

Popular Posts