Same Shit, Differenty Party

So to add to my sense of rejection and being completely unpopular with the Cairo Queen Society, Kiki disclosed the information that there is a drag party that she is "exclusively" invited to, at the the new Suburban Scene. Not only that, its a drag party, with a very VIP guest list.
Not only was I not invited and completely unwelcome by the vicious queens, but to spite and antagonize me further, Kiki instead I go pick the drag outfit with her and to go shopping (or rather publicly out myself) for accessories and shoes.

Stunned and mortified by such complete lack of any kind of decency I complied with Kiki with the hope that I would crash the party.
And started thinking about my first drag outfit.
My dreams were soon crushed when Kiki confirmed that I am not "welcome" and will not go with her to the party.
Good luck finding those shoes bitch!

To mitigate the severity of my dismay and disaffection of the way I was treated by vicious queens (aka her bitchy friends) Kiki said there is yet another party at another part of Suburbia.
While the one I went to was towards the northeast of Cairo, this was more to the southeast of Cairo.
The place where all the Iraqi refugees ran to!
Aside from the racist jokes, the party was a highlight and every queen in town secured a ride (it is 40 miles off Cairo after all) and managed to show up.

And like I always say, I have been to many parties than I care or like to remember, but I have yet to see this much trash in my life.
From the floor to the ceiling, from the very entrance, all the way to the coat room inside, trash everywhere.
In all age groups.
Its like walking in a public bathhouse in Downtown, Kiki said.
The music was appalling, the audience were even more nauseating and even Kiki could not get her "party buzz" going for her.
After some desperate attempts to flirt with a sleazebag, Kiki gave up and said "Lets go".
I could not agree more.
It was a surreal nightmare.
18 year olds with bizarre hairdos, 50 year olds with dodgy attitudes, it was just wrong.

So we ended up leaving!

After ruining my plans to go to Buddha Bar (the hottest place town for queens right now) for over four times, Kiki saw the moment opportune enough that we go.
And go we did.
The location and the view was more than anything anyone can ask for.
Panoramic, encompassing an almost 360 degrees view of the Nile, it was just breathtaking.
But I kept wondering about the giant Buddha statue in the middle.
How close or far was this setting to anything the Buddha said or did?
How absurd it all seemed.

We walk in, with some expectations, and lo and behold, if it isn't Kiki's vicious queens, sitting right there!
The very ones who flatly said that I am not welcome to their party and that no I can't go along with Kiki.
Kiki playing the role of the social butterfly, everyone is in love with, moved in with remarkable grace and a lot of slurpiness to be seated at the same table where her "friends" are.

Of course I loathed the entire scene.
My buzz was gone.
I could not reflect or think about the place or where I am.
Or even let go and enjoy.

The place was just packed with lame ass queens.
Who were being out in many odd and creative ways.
And I had a presentiment that Buddha Bar would soon place two big bouncers at the door and a couples only policy.

I conditioned myself, to let go of my natural awkwardness and persistent morbidity and just enjoy.
There is nothing alcohol can't fix, in the right amounts.
So, Gin!
Or rather Strawberry Martini.
But even my dreams of drinking myself into enjoying this "little party" was ruined.
The waiters obviously displeased with the amount and outrageouness of the queens were very reluctant to serve me or Kiki.
After screaming at a various number of waiters Kiki decided that we should go.
Again!

Relieved and a little miffed, I decided to tag along.
I had to make peace with the fact that vicious queens don't like me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, I don't know how or why do u stand all this negativity, I'd just let them all rot in their own parties...
echo said…
may be u place urself with the wrong ppl who rnt like u.. so they cant accept u one of them.
E said…
LOL @ anon!
I don't know.
Sometimes I do feel, why the hell do I bother?
But I am very curious, and since there are so many restrictions imposed on the scene here in Cairo, one's choices are quite limited.
I am always interested in what others are doing and how are they managing to work with these restrictions.
Of course I always get surprised when I am so easily dismissed, but then like so many people told me before, I am the truth mirror that reflects everything people don't want to see!
Ice Queer said…
^ Hehe I just told you the last line you just said =D

Popular Posts