Three stars out of ...what??

That internet provided an unimaginable degree of accessibility across class and various demographic considerations is nothing but an obvious fact.
A true democracy, in the sense that all citizens above the age of 10 can have access to dating websites and can post pixelated photos of themselves with contorted facial expressions.
Our pride and joy, the Manjam, or Mansham as me and Kiki like to call it, is truly a democratic platform to all eligible males, who think that gay sex is a code name for kinky, paramartial sex.
To further enhance this democratic experiment, the website offers a system of checks and balances, or what is termed as "favorites".
Any mean bitch can review your profile and give any number of stars out of five. One being 'you are a sad fuck' and five being 'how the hell did you end up on this losers hell hole'.
I personally don't like this whole review thing. I prefer 'footprints' or 'tracks'. You know something tasteful and not too personal or imposing.
Not to open your profile to find provincial persona rating you're profile as 'I can shag you in a dark room, if I am too desperate'!
While my classicist attitude is all but a well-known fact that I exert little effort to conceal, I am curious by nature. And I do believe that even rustic folksmen have their own ways of communicating their desires and enacting them.
But such curiosity or interest does not go beyond a very benign anthropological interest!
To actually be involved with someone else, is a whole different matter. And I am not saying that in the sense I am denying social mobility or societal evolution. Not at all.
But while those charming rustics still inhabit the valleys around the Nile shore, I find it a little hard to envision any kind of meaningful 'relationship' in this context.
So when one gentleman, read my profile and gave me three stars out of five, only because I actually had a personal photo, I was little surprised and miffed.
I don't consider the Delta valley as a particular cosmopolitan area. And I hardly think that the quality of "gay life" over there is in any way superior to Cairo.
So to be judged as mediocre by a gentleman from this part of the country, had me a little annoyed.
The fact that someone gave me such a poor review, and that his nickname reflects anything but modesty (his nickname was 'The Emperor') makes me wonder about human tenacity in face of dire circumstances!
Some of the provinces around the Delta are considered one of the poorest parts in the country as stated by the latest survey by the National Institute for Social Research. So, I marvel how on earth did someone from this ecological wasteland ever manage to read my profile and give me such a shitty review!
LOL
The bitch of it is that, most people don't use this wonderful feature unless they want to spite someone or are too desperate. And since "viciousness" the name of the game in the gay community, any sick queen can log on, give a nasty review, or even write a bitchy comment!
But, I do admire this gentleman, whoever he is, who is tech savvy and proved himself such an internet connoisseur and actually managed to review my profile, and leave me a message! (and bloody hell, NO WE CAN'T GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER!!)
Did I mention he had photos of Titanic on his profile?
I guess if you come from this part of the country, then the movie was just released over there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
how vicious!

Popular Posts