The Tradeoff?

(special thanks to my wonderful Taurus friend, who gave me that extra push to finish this post!)

So back to cyberspace navigating its illusory possibilities, indulging in the most irresponsible forms of optimism, willing myself to believe that despite its apparent dire condition cyberspace and the extensive, temporary networks it creates can really offer "us" opportunities.

And I was blissfully happy in my illusion, not the least bit anxious about the truth being revealed or rather the truth unraveling before my eyes or the reality that does not correspond to such fictitious cyberscape.

And once again, I venture and make yet another encounter with Egyptian men, this time I make sure my sample is varied, truly a "random sample".

Without going on much about the degrees of randomness or how representative my sample is, it suffice to say it encompassed 3 different ages groups, three different geographic configurations.

1st box:

The biggest segment of our population, what makes the demographic bomb a potential blessing rather than a catastrophic phenomenon.

Generation Y.

Those born after the 1980s, those who witnessed the slight upturn in the world economy and the mass spread of home computers.
I grew up when notion of using computer anywhere outside academia was an anomaly.
They, on the other hand, grew up in a time where a massive gay subculutre was well established in an alternative cyberspace.
Speaking of a 'generation gap'.
Despite my clear ageism, and inherent bias, I forced myself to go against my mental prejudices and court the interest of those who were born in the 1990s.
And while I drag around my old-fashioned values and hard-earned liberalism, generation Y believe they have it all.
Or rather they deserve it.
No, bitches you don't!

Generation Y is definitely more aware, but information is not knowledge and awareness is not wisdom.
And maybe I was impressed by how mobile and involved generation Y is, but I am not thrilled with the extreme moral and intellectual poverty that seems to be the defining feature.
Of course there are exceptions, but in the end they all share the same
'we can do it all attitude'.
As senile as this sounds, its a major turn-off.

Generation Y are 'mostly Top', are not interested in relationships, and think they have elephantine genitalia.
I was not thrilled by my encounter, for the 1990s boys talk themselves out.
There is the tradeoff between what you say and what you do. You either say it or you do it!!
Yet budding groves have their charms, in a very Colette-esque way!

Box (2):

The curse of the gay society, the bane of existence for many people, including myself, those who constitute the 30-40 box.
Those are even worse than generation Y.
Generation Y are not without their charm, those have the air of sexual depravity and complete mental impoverishment.
If you are 35 and still think you are "too young" to be "tied down" or there is "enough of me to go around", then Cairo, we have a problem.
How can anyone be that delusional?

Its hilarious really.

I don't think there is a tradeoff here, because there is nothing to trade really!
I have already trashed men in their 30s enough not to repeat myself again, but seriously, what the *&^%$#??

Box (3)

The unfathomable.

Men at their prime, they say a man only begins to be himself, his true self, only he when reaches 40 years of age.

Even Cabbalists agree.
You wouldn't think that someone in his 40 still does not want to make peace with his sexuality or does not have a place of his own.
I mean if I live to reach 40 and still can not manage to have my own space, I will do the honorable thing, and disembowel myself, Japenese style.
What is going on?
One man after the other at the threshold of 40 and well into their 40s who are still figuring out their sexuality.

Isn't a little too advanced to still ponder whether you should "sleep with boys" or not?

Wula eih?
What am I missing exactly?
Why is there the tradeoff?
Those who are interesting,
don't want to be called gay,
those are interesting and don't want to be called gay still want to be in relationships,
those who are interesting and don't want to be called gay and still want to be in relationship, can sleep with boys don't want to desecrate their abode of martial bliss!

There is then those who are interesting,
don't care what they are called,
and designate an alternative space for sleeping with boys,
but those who are interesting, don't care what they are called and designate an alternative space for sleeping with boys, want to be "served"!

I am not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me!

Exactly what is sexy about a man lying semi-naked on his back, waiting for someone to "serve" him?
There can be endless interpretations for sexy, but they don't include this one.
The "starfish syndrome" as my dear friend calls it.
Those who just lay there, arms and legs spread wide without moving a muscle.

When did sexual prime translate into complete laziness and apathy?
Aren't you supposed to reconcile yourself with all your fears and insecurities by the time you are forty?
Don't you accumulate enough experience (sexual or otherwise) to know that no one likes a starfish?

Why is it always one thing or the other?

Comments

Anonymous said…
fenak men zaman!

OMG! I'm at my office and kept laughing out loud to your post!


PS. I love ageism!
Anonymous said…
Finally a new post, lol.
I totally agree with box 1, 1990's kids are extremely annoying.
On the other hand, i adore men that like to be serviced, it is extremely sexy. just pass them over, will u?
Anonymous said…
Hey E!

Check out this link. It has a link to a comics book project called 'Artists Against Rampant Government Homophobia' by a group of comics artists. It's brilliant. Think you'll find it interesting.

http://www.gemyhood.com/2009/12/aargh-artists-against-rampant.html
Ice Queer said…
Hehe you've said it all! I've nothing to say, really! =D

lol @ Starfish syndrome
Hebe said…
your prose is delectable and you mentioned colette tres charmante !
please keep posting !

Popular Posts