Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

Since it seemed like such a long, long time since our last party, it only seemed natural that one convulsive get together is overdue.
So my two gracious hosts, with the famed Libra hospitality and the renowned Gemini charm, threw a birthday bash!
So me and the two Kikis and a whole bunch of other people made our way to the west of Cairo, the former enchanted fields that are now edifices of stone and cement.
And while Zamalek screams of long gone exoticism, and downtown echoes with the belle epoque, west of Cairo after midnight, still has the enchantment of endless fields of trees and vegetation set aimlessly along the Nile..
And in an atmosphere of enchantment and intoxication (who knew Bacardi Gold can get you floored in under one glass!) I had several encounters..
A dear French friend, who masks his incredible sense of integrity and honesty under an unceremonious facade of French coquetry. A friend of friends, and friends from times immemorial.
And I missed the memories and I missed the friends, and I missed him, and I missed the brutal honesty.
In a few tete-a-tete moments, he offered me his wisdom and indispensable counsel, I was relieved and content, happy to know the mysterious works of destiny that splits people apart just to reunite them at the strangest of moments.

And Kiki Jr. who delightfully intoxicated like myself, became my alter ego, and what Virgo inhibited in me alcohol removed so effortlessly and what Scorpio soured in her, alcohol transformed so jubilantly.
And before we know it, we were incredibly in sync, and finished each other sentences!
It was a peachy pas de deux that we both found exhilarating.

And one Sagittarius gentleman, who long captured my fancy, and I consciously willed myself not to be overcome by such pubescent feelings, and opted for a warm but cordial exchange.
But rum is a magic potion and whatever common sense I long prided myself with, stealthily slipped away, leaving me standing, defenceless, stripped out of any common sense or fundamental rationality.
And I could only see desire, feel it, palpable, like the alcohol, dangerous and thrilling and completely irrational.
And I was less in control, more open, less reserved more vulnerable added to a charming streak of idiocy that intoxication produces in one's character.
And he was not.
And he could read me, and I ventured to kiss him, and he offered me his cheek.

And if that was not enough rejection in one night, and one incredible stupid act, in my jovial state of mind, and uninhibited self, I bumped into an old friend, no longer friends, whom I trusted and he never made the effort to live up to this trust or have the courtesy to warn me of this lovely impending breach of trust.
Alcohol makes you many things, one of them is being naive.
In my naiveté I approached with open arms and he offered me his hand to shake.

So much for courtesy.

But I did enjoy my time, among kindred spirits and the memory of absent ones.
And while I will stay away within a 20 miles radius from Sagittarius men (for they bring the silliest side of me), I floated contentedly among warm Water signs (Pisces, Scorpio and Cancer), and enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of my Gemini and Libra hosts.

Comments

Moses said…
Sounds like a night to remember.
Saggis rock.
echo said…
i guess old memories will be there forever .. its about how u should learn from them..
i am so glad that you enjoyed your time :-) i had so much fun..
Ice Queer said…
Aww..! That's very dear! =)

May all Sagis pile up in one pond and get burnt by vicious fire from all directions!

Loved the post.

Popular Posts