Fighting for the Cause = Promiscuity Squared?

Kiki Jr. has been nagging me lately to sit for an interview by a francophone masters student who is doing research on homosexuality and law enforcement in Egypt. When I expressed my dislike of the girl and her person Kiki Jr. reprimanded me that I should do "it" for a noble cause, that is I should it for "my people", that I should say "my story" and "speak" and allow an alternative narrative, so people can see "us" for who we are as individuals with struggles and personal ordeals of our own.
And for a minute, I sympathized.
I thought to myself, 'yes, I should do it', the subaltern should "speak" even if we acknowledge the impossibility of the act of "speaking".
But then I looked around, I observe the two Kikis, the Evil Diva, Fat Ray, and a whole bunch of people who are supposed to be "my people", the cause I am fighting for, what have they done for the cause?
What has any of the two Kikis done for the cause?
Kiki Jr. with her pitiful attempt at confessional writing, that does not rise above masturbatory autowriting and crude understanding of religion and ethics.
What kind of sexual morality are "my people" calling for?
What kind of sexual ethics are they setting by example that alleviates human dignity, actualizes our subjectivity and ascertain our rights to equal and fair share of freedom and just treatment?
Is my fighting for the cause directly translates into "my people" multiplying their chance of sexual partners and sexual fulfillment with complete lack of any kind moral and ethical responsibility?
Is my activism, the so-called advocacy for gay rights reduced to fulfilling Kiki Jr.'s right to act out her ridiculous fetishes and dark sexual fantasies?
Does it always come done to gay people's right to sleep with the biggest number of people without any moral or ethical consequence?
If the answer is yes, then I will be God-damned before I "fight for the cause".
What cause?
When will "my people" grow up and realize that in real life freedom of sexuality is not freedom from responsibility.
At the risk of sounding like a born-again-Christian, I must say out, loud and clear, sexual freedom does not entail complete lack of awareness of how and why you choose the partners you sexually engage with.
Actions have consequences.
Always did, always will.
People will and must bear the consequences of their choices, sooner or later (the AIDS epidemic being later, I don't think we need another tragedy of this sort to create a better moral and sexual order).
Being a cradle robber is not something to be celebrated, sleeping with a priest is not a fetish that we should applaud, and wanting to have sex with members of the working class is not "tres orignale ya didi".
There is nothing original or lauded about these pathetic and disturbing choices.
I am beyond appalled and devastated that I am left to deal with this.
Sleeping with three people at a dinner party, right where everyone is watching is not being liberal, sleeping with someone you just met and who you don't know and have no idea what are his sexual preferences is not "being free", and sleeping with anything that has a penis is not "your way of fighting homophobia".
If anything, these choices and scenarios only reinforce homophobia.
And it reflects how callow is our understanding of our moral agency and subjectivity.
If we want to be treated as truly emancipated moral subjects who are aware of their immediate environment and what kind of choices and decisions they make and how it affects them and those around them, then a new sexual morality is imperative.
Kiki Jr. accuses me of being an insincere friend, I am not insincere, I am horrified half the time by the choices people I care about make and that I have to support them while I know for fact that not only are they wrong on moral and metaphysical level, but on a very pragmatic level, they are potentially destructive.
I will never celebrate promiscuity.
Or support it in any way.
No matter what evolutionary biologists claim, or anthropologists say promiscuity is not a human condition conducive of happiness and positive well-being.
I don't wish to fight for the rights for those who think their sexuality should dictate every single aspect of their lives and that in turn absolves them from any moral and ethical responsibility.
Yes, gay people are a minority, but that does not at all mean that they acquired a special status at being sexually amoral, because they are gay.
That is absurd and preposterous.
I am not a Stepford fag, and I am not saying lets all get married and have kids, I am not sure if I ever will get married and I am scared to death of having children, but I am calling for a minimum level of human decency that ensure the dignity and humanity of the individual, gay or not.
A man is not readily reduced to a penis and a pair of testicles.
And a totality of a gay person does not directly translate into using his penis and testicles.
If we presume this humanity, we assume an individual with a thinking Self, and a moral agency.
How far removed are "my people" from that.
Very far removed.
Kiki darling, we are on two very different pages, I don't think I want to read yours.
"Pansexuality" is not transcending labels, and you have a lot to learn about transcending and labels to begin with.
And the cause everyone is speaking about is not multiplying your chances of having sex, and responsibility is not just using a condom.
There has to be something else to fight for.
At least I hope there is!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
There seems to be some level of anger here. I wonder where it's coming from!
Anonymous said…
the cause
worth fighting for
is a
castle
built on
===================
Ice Queer said…
"Is my fighting for the cause directly translates into "my people" multiplying their chance of sexual partners and sexual fulfillment with complete lack of any kind moral and ethical responsibility?"
I wouldn't need to fight for a cause to increase my chance of sexual partners

"sexual freedom does not entail complete lack of awareness of how and why you choose the partners you sexually engage with"
I never said that freedom of sexuality is freedom from responsibility.

"There is nothing original or lauded about these pathetic and disturbing choices"
Choices and decisions are very subjective

"Kiki Jr. accuses me of being an insincere friend, I am not insincere, I am horrified half the time by the choices people I care about make and that I have to support them while I know for fact that not only are they wrong on moral and metaphysical level, but on a very pragmatic level, they are potentially destructive"
Well, If you see that I'm(or any friend of u) is making a horrifing choices then you SHOULD not support me and you should step up and correct me when I do something inappropriate or wrong! That's what friends do!

"I will never celebrate promiscuity.
Or support it in any way."
NO ONE AKSED YOU TO DO THAT!!!

"A man is not readily reduced to a penis and a pair of testicles.
And a totality of a gay person does not directly translate into using his penis and testicles."
I totally agree!
E said…
Darling don't pick your fight with me.
You won't win.
But if you want to dance, bring it on girlfriend!

Your comments, just show how shortsighted you are.
Fighting for the cause definitely affects your capacity to choose from among the many sexual partners you now have.
Ever heard of internet policing?
Why don't you google it for start?
It is because there is a bunch of anonymous people who harassed the shit of State Security evil wardens that you can use the internet, hence the social networking website, to pick partners.
Its because a bunch of another anonymous people fought for your right to cruise downtown Cairo and hang around God knows where, that you and everyone can meet and socialize in peace.
But do you even realize that?
No.
You took every chance you have to socialize and pick your sexual partners for granted not to know that countries are ranked according to how much they police the internet and how public freedom they allow.
Yes fighting for the cause affects your choice of sexual partners, with little or no doubt.

If you never claimed that freedom of sexuality is freedom from responsibility then why not take responsibility for choices, i.e. stand being bitterly criticized for sleeping with someone who is married, or someone in the priesthood, or someone from the working class.
Responsibility entails accepting the consequences of your choice, disapproval being one consequence for a start.

Of course choices and decisions are an individual and personal process.
But they have consequences.
You don't live in vacuum.
What you choose to do, what you decide to do directly and indirectly affects people around you.
And just as your choices affects the people and the environment you live in, you can not help that those very people react back.
Thats the problem with sex.
It involves other people.
And in your case plenty of them!

As for actually voicing out my concerns about the decisions my friends make, I did.
Not more than once, but several times.
Whether they listened or not, is something I can not be held accountable for.

Why did you take it personally?
I was stating a personal statement, "I will not celebrate promiscuity", what does that have to do with you?
I didn't mention you in that statement, I didn't point fingers and I definitely did not call you promiscuous, as such.
Does it ring a bell sweetheart?

See, I knew we get along just fine!
For the sake consistency, your actions should at some point parallel what you say you stand for and support.
To a certain extent.
Or else it risks being completely irrelevant.
And you risk being seen as hypocritical, with empty claims.
Kisses
Anonymous said…
well look it seem like u 2 know each other, and if one of u doesn't feel like the other really did speak to them about the consequences of their choices as they were making them, then chances are u didn't. We have to bear with people as they're making choices, but it seems like E is finding it easier to judge the other's actions. That's a bit vindictive for my liking. It's no good saying "i told u so" after the event. Sure there's such thing as 'frenemies' but girls, its called the 'sisterhood' for a reason. Look after ur sisters, don't judge them for making mistakes that u might have made if u were in their shoes!
Ice Queer said…
No, I don't realize that, I didn't c it from that point and it hadnt cross my mind before so yeah you are def. right about that!

I never said that sleeping with a priest or a member of working class or whoever else is something you should applaud 4, I know it's slutty and Karma is a bitch, especially with married men.

Lol I didnt take it personally, i was just talking in general promiscuity

Anyway, you know am a bloody Scorpio so am all about denial lol =P
xoxo
Ice Queer said…
@last anon:
loved ur last lines! =)
E said…
Why does every Anon who leaves a comment has to bitch about something?!
Christ!
I should do as Ice Queer and moderate comments and get it over and done with, because for the love of God its starting to irritate the shit out of me!!
But it makes sense, if you are someone who actually wants to be held accountable and recognized for what you say you wouldn't mask it behind anonymity,as the good Samaritan, which the Supreme Court finally had some sense to ban such behavior of "good will".

Well like I always say Anonymous can kiss my fat fanny.

You should follow your own advice and not point fingers and state likes and dislikes before you walk a mile in my shoes.
If it is all about sisterhood don't go ahead of yourself and call names and accuse me of being vindictive and assume you know a situation while you don't!

While I feel I should explain myself and give a reason behind this "vindictiveness".
I won't.
You can think as you please.
But you don't know shit about what you are talking about.
So whatever.
Anonymous said…
Well it seems to me that you have a lot to say. You should share those views if you feel them to be just and right.

I think it's sad that your friend asked you to speak up for your cause, which is not promiscuity, and you turned the opportunity down.

Our cause isn't to have sex. Our cause is to be treated as equal citizens across the world. I think it's very sad that you automatically draw a connection from homosexuals in the police force and promiscuis sex.

That says a lot about some of the psychological struggles that you're going through. I think you need to re-think what exactly "Our Cause" is..........
E said…
You know its actually funny.
Its cowardly and sad, but its also funny.

Something as horrible and sad as assault can be so readily interpreted as promiscuity in need of punishment.

Who the fuck are you to judge?
No one I know.
And no one I care about.

Maybe one day one someone will slit your throat with a pocket knife in a dark ally, or burn down your house, you will know how it feels.
And I truly hope you experience it, because this is the only vindication I can think to such blatant, hateful statement as this.

And I am not surprised, someone as short-sighted as you are, would not see beyond all that I write.
At the heart of it, as I keep saying over and over again, is trying to connect, and make peace with dire condition most of us live here under.
And while I am no nun or saint, I never celebrated promiscuity and I never asked anyone to support or condone it.
My so-called "sexpades" pale in comparison to the horrors I speak of.
I am not asked to defend my virtue to you or anyone.
And I will not be silenced, just because someone thinks I am promiscuous.
I will disapprove what I think is not right, and if you don't like it, you can eat it.
So hate along!
Anonymous said…
this anonymous doesn't think E makes life corrupt. I think E should delete that last comment, it's vindictive and cruel. If you are going to say such nasty things, Anonymous, you shouldn't bother reading this blog.

Don't worry, E. It's probably some bitch who you bitched about in a previous post.

So girls, now you're even.
Anonymous said…
It's me again.. And by the way for you and all those who read your blog, I'm not gay and I don't know you but I keep following your blog for two reasons, first of all I do like your writing style, second of all it gives me an insight about this underworld that we, straight men, hardly know anything that is true about it. I know I was so cruel in my comment but I'm sorry, I just didn't get how you condemn promiscous attitude and keep regularly meeting people for sex, to the point of risking your own life!!!

For God's sake if this is not promiscous what else could be???

And as much as you do not want to remain silent I do not wish the same...
Anonymous said…
This is terribly scary

This is self-righteous

It is almost like how the witch-hunts were described as the supreme accomplishment of self-righteousness



In English: This is disgusting

Popular Posts